The Cosplay Contest will return to Stealth Con 2018!
The Cosplay Contest is a craftsmanship award show, with a pre-judging session and a catwalk display. Don’t want to compete but still want to show off your great costume? Come by the main Stealth Con information table and let us know you have a walk-on only.
*If you would like to participate in the Cosplay Contest, you must sign-up at the main Stealth Con Information desk before 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 7th, 2018 ( First-come, first-served, limited participants.)
Stealth Con Cosplay Contest Rules & Guidelines
1. Contestants can only enter in one category, Individual or Duo/Group. Due to the unpredictable size of groups, a prize for each member cannot be guaranteed.
2. No skits during judging or catwalk.
3. No nudity. No costume is no costume.
4. No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
5. No political or religious statements during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
6. Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
7. No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
8. All prop weapons must conform to the Stealth Con Weapons Policy, which is as follows: No real weapons of any kind will be allowed on the campus. All costume related items will be inspected at the door each time you are admitted. Weapons are required to be replica or prop by design, and should not have the apperance of being mistaken for a real firearm or blade. No illegal or functioning weapons are permitted. Weapons will be peace tied upon entry into the student union.
9. All applications must be submitted by Saturday at 4pm at the Stealth Con main information table, and applications will be available up until that time. THERE ARE NO ONLINE APPLICATIONS.
10. To be judged for accuracy a visual reference, preferably a front and back color photo on paper, can be turned in with your application. Electronic media (i.e. CDs) will not be accepted nor will bringing a laptop or video device (i.e. iPods) to pre-judging. This is not required. However, you may not be eligible for accuracy points if the judges are not familiar enough with your character.
11. All judging will be done before the showing, off-stage.
12. Costumes must be self-contained.
13. Do not enter or exit the stage except at the designated points.
14. Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
15. Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Stealth Con will not be able to provide assistance
Anyone is welcome to cosplay while attending Stealth Con.
We love seeing your creativity in the genre of comic, science fiction, anime, fantasy, steampunk, gaming, movie and television or original creation costumes!
Please remember this is a family event and costuming as well as clothing in general, should be PG rated. Here are some general rules to follow for costuming at Stealth Con:
No partial or full nudity. Body paint, pasties, and lingerie do not qualify as a costume. Fabric must appropriately cover critical areas without risk of a wardrobe malfunction. No gratuitous display of flesh is permitted.
No pyrotechnics, smoke, fog, fire, fireworks, explosions, concussions, etc.
No dripping or oozing of fluids, confetti, or glitter which could create an unsafe walking surface.
A handler is required with costumes which limit visibility, are oversized or equipped with large components or associated props. Please be mindful of people, exhibits, and merchandise around you. (Handlers are someone you trust to help guide you around the con)
NO REAL WEAPONS OF ANY KIND WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE CAMPUS. All costume related items will be inspected at the door each time you are admitted. Any costume pieces are required to be replica or prop by design, and should NOT have the appearance of being mistaken for a real firearm or blade. No illegal or functioning weapons are permitted. Weapons will be peace tied upon entry into the student union.
Stealth Con staff reserve the right to deny entrance for inappropriate clothing / costumes.
General Cosplay Etiquette
1. Ask to take a photograph. Most cosplayers LOVE to have their photos taken, and will want your photograph to be the best, so they will want to do the appropriate pose based on their character. Please don’t sneak a photo while they are doing everyday things like eating, adjusting their costume, or in the restroom.
2.Be considerate. Don’t block doors, event aisles, or artist/vendor booths and don’t interfere with events/activities. There are other fans who want to interact or get photographs. The cosplayer also wants to enjoy their event experience as well.
3. Don’t touch. Cosplay is a huge investment in time and money. Most cosplays are hand crafted and take large amounts of time to craft. These things also cost a lot of money to make.
4. Be respectful. Cosplay is not consent. Be polite, accept the responses you are given; and treat those in costume the same as you would any stranger on the street. Respect personal boundaries. Do not permit others to harass a cosplayer. Report inappropriate behavior to Stealth Con staff.
5. HAVE FUN!